Thursday, June 6, 2019

Do you feel ‘put down’ in your life?

I use to feel this way, throughout my life I’ve experienced this from having no encouragement to feeling like you get ‘put down’ at almost every turn. Believe me, it sucks big time and it can have an effect on your for years.
No matter what I’ve achieved in my life (career change, British archery champion etc), I have received very little encouragement from friends and family, in fact, a lot of things that I’m proud of have been ‘put down’, especially by my family. BUT, there IS a positive to this, and that’s the fact that it has made me much more independent, much more resilient.
Has this happened to you? Do you feel like you’ve been ‘put down’ through your life? How have you coped with it? There are some people who buckle under the pressure and retreat inside themselves, but there are many who do the complete opposite and become stronger, more independent.
But if you ARE in the situation where you’re beginning to feel like nothing you do is right, there are a few things you can do to help change things. Firstly, most of what you are told and how you’re treated are reflections of the other person’s thought patterns and their own worries and fears. Go back to my first job in the electronics field, I was 18 and as soon as I got the job, my father started to find ‘faults’ with the job and talk about how I should have gotten x or y job instead because it would be better, more secure etc etc etc. I was told how I should move jobs every year for the first 5 years of my career, yet this was coming from someone who had been in the same job since he left school! You see, people often project their own fears onto you, not to be horrible, but because they can’t perceive the path you’re choosing.
The second thing you can do to get deal with these situations where you feel like you’re being ‘put down’, is to work on your own self-image, self-confidence and self-belief. One powerful way to do this is to start using affirmations in your daily life. I’ll be making a freebie PDF available soon, all about affirmations, how they work and a whole week of them to take you on a journey (PM me if you’re interested in receiving the freebie). But for now, affirmations are positive statements that help to change your thought processes for the better. When you start to use affirmations each day, you start becoming more confident and resilient.
Of course, as a coach, I can certainly help you, and if you want to go down that route, get in touch and we’ll chat.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 Comments:

The Tissue

Medical Yukti

Medical Yukti

Blood


Vestigial-organs

Respiratory-system

Nutrition-and-Health

PCOS

Vulvar-Cancer

Header Ads Widget