Thursday, June 6, 2019

Can someone’s life be changed within 20 minutes?

We all live busy, fast, complicated lives, full of joy and happiness but also of worry and sadness. Sometimes we feel lost, we feel like a slave to our emotions, emotions that can be very real and very powerful. Having someone give you a parcel covered in beautiful wrapping paper and adorned with ribbon and a bow,  containing wonderful gifts of time, listening, caring and guidance can be the best thing they could ever need. That parcel can change their emotions, their outlook on life, even their life direction.
I had the honour of doing just that on a live Periscope broadcast recently. A gentleman from Paris was feeling very low, a breakup with his girlfriend had hit him hard and he was also becoming very stressed at work. It was all becoming like a heavy wall being slowly built upon his shoulders and weighing him down. And I’m not talking ordinary bricks either, we’re talking those really heavy ones they used to use in very old buildings!

I gave him something he hadn’t had before….. time and encouragement.
You see, when I was growing up, I didn’t get that kind of father-figure encouragement, those words saying “I’m proud of you son”, my father was in my life, but I simply didn’t get that emotional support from him. I was brought up by my mother who I love dearly. I was very independent because I had to be. As I travelled through life, I enjoyed helping others, giving them the encouragement that I never received. It’s taken many years to realise that this is my true path, what this is what’s truly in my heart. This is why I’m here today, doing what I do as a Life and Empowerment Coach.
So, after 20 minutes of helping this really lovely gentleman, he said goodbye and went to bed (it was around midnight in Paris). I felt so proud that I was able to help this person, to give him the time and guidance he needed.
On my broadcast the next day, he jumps in as a viewer and lets me know that the first full day on his new journey, he feels much more positive, he didn’t feel stressed in his job, and he’s much happier and ready to move forward!
Being there for someone, being part of their journey and watching them change and grow, even after just 24 hours, is a wonderful thing. If you can, giving someone who needs it the gift of your time, your listening and being present for them, can truly change their life.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 Comments:

The Tissue

Medical Yukti

Medical Yukti

Blood


Vestigial-organs

Respiratory-system

Nutrition-and-Health

PCOS

Vulvar-Cancer

Header Ads Widget